MEET Russell Ford
Russell received his PhD and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University where his dissertation topic was Conceptual Design of Robust Mechanical Systems. He has a BS Mechanical Engineering from University of Rochester.
- Ford, R., McGill, S., Teoh, C., Williams, M., Ramzipoor, K., Que, L., Huang, A., Oo, E., Ma, C., Chu, S., “Medical implant detachment systems and methods.” U.S. Patent 8,221,483. 17 Jul 2012.
- Henry, B., Daly, C., Ford, R., Williams, M., Duong, H., Devaney, H., Ramzipoor, K., Teoh, C., Murphy, R., Huffmaster, A., Mcgill, S., “Vaso-occlusive delivery device with kink resistant, flexible distal end.” EP 1,890,612. 09 Jun 2010.
- Ford, R., Lesho, M.J., Tamada, J., Tierney, M.J., “Microprocessors, devices, and methods for use in monitoring of physiological analytes.” U.S. Patent Application 20,050,069,925. 31 Mar 2005.
- Ford, R., Lesho, M.J., Potts, R.O., Tierney, M.J., Wei, C.W., “Formulation and manipulation of databases of analyte and associated values.” U.S. Patent 6,633,772. 14 Oct 2003.
- Conn, T.E., Ford, R., Potts, R.O., Soni, P., Tamada, J.A., Tierney, M.J., “Devices and methods for frequent measurement of an analyte present in a biological system.” U.S. Patent 6,561,978. 13 May 2003.
- Conn, T.E., Ford, R., Soni, P., Tierney, M.J., Vijayakumar, P., “Collection assemblies, laminates, and autosensor assemblies for use in transdermal sampling systems.” U.S. Patent 6,393,318. 21 May 2002.
- Ford, R.B., “Process for the Conceptual Design of Robust Mechanical Systems-: Going Beyond Parameter Design to Achieve World-class Quality.” PhD Dissertation, Stanford University, 1996.
- Barkan, P., Ford, R., “Beyond Parameter Design – A Methodology Addressing Product Robustness at the Concept Formulation Stage.” Proceedings of the National Design Engineering Conference, Chicago, IL, March 13-16, 1995.