MEET Yen-Wen Chen
Yen-Wen has 20 years of industrial experience with expertise in biochemical and cell-based assays as well as research and development of reagents and instrumentation used for drug discovery and bioresearch applications. Throughout her career, Yen-Wen has taken on different roles and responsibilities, from working in multidisciplinary teams to develop new product concepts and designs, to collaborating with external partners and evaluating new technologies for business development. With her broad knowledge base, she led or contributed to a variety of development projects, such as reagent kits, label-free biosensor system, and automated electrophysiology, leading to successful product launches before joining Triple Ring.
Yen-Wen received her PhD in Biological Chemistry from the University of Michigan and studied signal transduction pathways at University of California, San Francisco, as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Chen, Y.-W., Olsen, C., Jiang, X., Katzlinger, M. (2016) A Novel Ruthenium-Based Time-Resolved Fluorescence Assay for High-Throughput cAMP Detection (Poster Presentation, SLAS2016 5th Annual International Conference & Exhibition)
- Chen, Y.-W., Man, C.-F., Crittenden, C., Zou, B., Wang, Z., Jiang, X., Godfrey, W., Chandonnet, H., and Cromwell E. F. (2015) A Novel Homogeneous Potassium Ion Channel Assay for High-Throughput Screening (Poster Presentation, SLAS2015 4th Annual International Conference & Exhibition)
- Sirenko O., Crittenden, C., Hesley J., Chen Y.-W., Funes C., Gallant D., and Cromwell E. F. (2012) Predictive Assays for High Throughput Assessment of Cardiac Toxicity and Drug Safety. (Poster Presentation, Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening 1st Annual International Conference & Exhibition)
- Sirenko O., Crittenden, C., Anson B., Hesley J., Chen Y.-W., Callamaras N., and Cromwell E. F. (2011) Live Cell Beating Assay Using Human iPSC-derived Cardiomyocytes for Evaluation of Drug Efficacy and Toxicity. (Poster Presentation, MipTec 2011 Conference)
- Crittenden C., Chen Y.-W., and Stecha P. (2011) Live cell Gi- and Gs- coupled GPCR second messenger signaling on the FLIPR Tetra system with the Promega GloSensor cAMP assay. (Poster Presentation, Society for Biomolecular Sciences 17th Conference)
- McGuinness RP, Gallant DL, Chen YW, Tutana TA, Wilson DL, Proctor JM, Tang HR (2011) “The CellKey™ System: A label-free cell-based assay platform for early drug discovery applications,” Label-Free Technologies in Drug Discovery (Mayr L & Cooper MA ed). Wiley Ltd, Chichester, UK
- Chen Y.-W., Tang H. R., McGuinness R., and Gallant D. (2009) End-point Assays on the CellKey™ System. (Poster Presentation, Society for Biomolecular Sciences 15th Conference)
- Chen Y.-W., Wilson D. L., Gallant D. and Michelotti J.M. (2007) Monitoring Functional Inhibition of a Cell Surface Receptor via RNA Interference with the CellKey™ System. (Poster Presentation, Society for Biomolecular Sciences 13th Conference)
- Chen Y.-W., Verdonk E. D., Leung G. K., Liu V. F., Tang H. R., McGuinness R. P. and Michelotti J. M. (2005) Analysis of Endogenous Growth Factor Receptor Activity in Mammalian Cancer Cell Lines using a Label-Free Live-Cell Based Assay. (Poster Presentation, The Society for Biomolecular Screening 11th Conference)
- Chen Y.-W., Yi G and Donofrio D.M. (2004) Improved Detection and Increased Performance in Fluorescence-based Membrane Potential Assays. (Poster Presentation, ScreenTech World Summit)
- Williams L.T., Molz L., Chen Y.-W. (1999) PI 3-Kinase Polypeptides. U.S. Patent No. 5,948,664.
- Johnson A.R., Chen Y.-W. and Dekker E. E. (1998) Investigation of a catalytic zinc binding site in E. coli L-threonine dehydrogenase by site-directed mutagenesis of cysteine-38. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 358, 211-221
- Clark-Baldwin K., Johnson A. R., Chen Y.-W., Dekker E. E. and Penner-Hahn J. E. (1998) Structural characterization of the zinc site in E. coli L-threonine dehydrogenase using extended X-ray absorption fine structure spectroscopy. Inorg. Chim. Acta, 276, 215-221.
- Molz L., Chen Y.-W., Hirano M. and Williams L.T. (1996) Cpk is a Novel class of Drosophila PtdIns 3-kinase containing a C2 domain. J. Biol. Chem. 271, 13892-13899.
- Koyama S., Chen Y.-W., Ikeda M., Muslin A. J., Williams L.T. and Kikuchi A. (1996) Ras-interacting domain of RGL blocks Ras-dependent signal transduction in Xenopus oocytes. FEBS Lett. 380, 113-117.
- Chen Y.-W., Dekker E. E. and Somerville R. L. (1995) Functional analysis of E. coli threonine dehydrogenase by means of mutant isolation and characterization. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1253, 208-214.
- Kikuchi A., Demo S. D., Ye Z.-H., Chen Y.-W. and Williams L.T. (1994) ralGDS family members interact with the effector loop of ras p21. Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 7483-7491.